KBL HYPN System: low maintenance, longevity, cost efficiency
Pressure Boosting Hydro-Pneumatic (HYPN) system is a conventional pumping system converted into an automated pumping system. Kirloskar Brothers Limited’s (KBL’s) HYPN system is a solution for high-rise buildings and commercial complexes that can serve the robust water demand at constant pressure.
A HYPN system maintains a constant temperature and helps eliminate unnecessary functioning of pumps in case of zero flow. Also, the performance of HYPN system is controlled, smooth and facilitates energy and water optimisation. The system requires low maintenance, longevity long life, cost efficiency.
An operational standard pump contributes to opex by high energy consumption and high spending on pumps’ maintenance. The Hydraulic Institute and Euro-Pump, has suggested that the typical life cycle cost of a medium-sized industrial pump is dominated by energy consumption and maintenance costs. The hydro-pneumatic system helps curb these associated costs, majorly by optimising the energy cost through greater control on supply capacity of liquid.
In case of KBL’s HYPN system, for further value addition, the company has gone a step further and increased the ease of handling of the system. This was accomplished by coupling HYPN system with remotely accessible smart monitoring devices like mobile phone, iPAD, etc. As a result, the customers can remotely monitor and keep a tab on the status of their system on-the-go, wherever they are, right on their mobile devices. This results in predictive modelling, makes room for corrective measures before pump breakdown and, secondly, and also reduces dependency on field inspectors optimising manpower.
Apart from backing its HYPN system with a remote monitoring technology, KBL has successfully coupled its pressure boosting technology with a wide range of pumps like inline, end suction, sump pumps, split case pumps, VT pump, etc. This customisation has enabled the application of KBL’s HYPN system in almost all the industrial verticals right from pharmaceutical and chemical process industries to other critical sectors like mining, textile, steel, railways, hotels, hospitals, malls, multiplexes, metro, etc. Some of the major application areas of KBL HYPN system are mentioned below:
• Tank filling system from under ground tank (UGT) to over head tank (OHT).
• Water supply to residential buildings, hotels, commercial buildings, township, airports, IT parks, etc.
• Water transfer from one storage tank to other storage tank.
• Bottling plant and demand-based industrial applications in textile, process, automobile, power, steel, cement, power, etc.
• Municipal corporation water supply schemes.
• Irrigation and gardening system.
Types of HYPN system
Depending on their application areas and design, KBL’s comprehensive HYPN systems are basically classified into three types: Constant Speed System – FX, Cascade system – MX and All Pump VFD system – EX.
• Constant speed system – FX: Tank filling water transfer, residential housing, small size commercial – residential buildings.
• Cascade system – MX (only 1 VFD common to all pumps): Medium size commercial – residential buildings and demand-based industrial applications.
• All pump VFD system – EX (all pumps having their individual VFD): Townships, hospitals, airports, malls, metros and demand-based industrial applications.
For more information, visit www.kirloskarpumps.com