HI98198 launched by Hanna Instruments is an Optical Dissolved Oxygen Meter (OPDO), which uses a luminescent optical method for the measurement of dissolved oxygen in water and wastewater. This professional, waterproof meter complies with IP67 standards and measures Dissolved oxygen (DO), barometric pressure, BOD and temperature. The HI98198 is supplied complete with all accessories including probe, smart cap sensor with built in RFID and a rugged carrying case.
DO is a common measurement across many industries. In the treatment of wastewater it is a critical parameter to monitor, to ensure the removal of biodegradable organics. It is one of the most expensive parts of the treatment process due to the energy cost to produce oxygen. It is not only closely monitored to conserve energy but also to ensure that enough oxygen is present for aerobic (good) bacteria to be predominate. DO is also monitored by environmental engineers in determining the groundwater and surface water quality. In the brewery and winery DO is desirable for fermentation but not in the finished product.
HI98198 has an extended range of dissolved oxygen measurement of up to 50 ppm or 500 per cent saturation. Measurements are automatically compensated for temperature and pressure variations. HI98198 is supplied with the digital HI764113 optical dissolved oxygen probe that has a unique quick connect DIN connector for a secure waterproof connection without threads. The probe has an AISI316 stainless steel guard that not only keeps the sensor protected from accidental abrasions but also acts as a weight to ensure that the probe will go to the desired depth even in wastewater oxidation ditches and turbulent aeration basins.
• Ergonomic, rugged, waterproof (IP67) design: Built to withstand tough conditions that operators encounter with outdoor measurements.
• Automatic temperature compensation: All readings are automatically compensated for temperature variation by a built in highly accurate thermistor temperature sensor.
• Salinity compensation: By entering the salinity value of the water, the effect of salinity on dissolved oxygen content can be compensated for.
• Good laboratory practice (GLP): The GLP data for the last five calibrations are stored in the meter. The GLP data includes date, time, calibration points, barometric pressure and salinity value entered.
• Log on demand: Up to 4000 samples can be logged and transferred to a computer through a USB type C-connection. No additional software is required and data can be viewed as a .csv or .txt file.
• BOD, OUR, and SOUR modes: Determination of Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Oxygen Uptake Rate (OUR) and Specific Oxygen Uptake Rate (SOUR) can be calculated by entering appropriate values and sampling at specific intervals.
• Intuitive dot matrix display: HI98198 is designed with a backlit, graphic LCD with virtual keys, a battery status indicator and error messages. Users will find the meter interface intuitive and easy to read. A dedicated help key provides information relating to the current meter operation, and can be used at any stage in the setup or measurement process to show contextual help.
• Auto-off protection: The meter uses three common AA batteries that allow for about 800 measurements to be taken. The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 15 minutes of inactivity in order conserve battery life.
• Stainless steel guard: The AISI316 stainless steel guard not only protects the sensor but also acts as a weight to ensure that the probe will go to the desired depth even in turbulent water.
For more details please, visit